Saturday, March 11, 2006

Though I'm still kind of in "I hate the world" mode, I had a pretty good day today.

For instance: for the first time in recorded history, a customer actually took my suggestion and bought a book I reccomended. I kid you not! She was looking for a good book on baseball for a gift, and I suggested Moneyball by Michael Lewis, and she actually got it! And I'm doubly happy because this was actually Ryan's reccomendation to me that I got to pay forward.

Then, it happened AGAIN. Yeah, someone was looking for some books for a 13 year old girl, and believed me that I used to BE a 13 year old girl and bought Dicey's Song on my reccomendation. I think. This one I'm not exactly confirmed on because I didn't ring her up at the registers like the other lady.

Also I had wantons.

Bad news: I finally got the flash drive I've been wanting to back up my stuff. This would actually be good news if it worked, but it doesn't. I haven't really tried that hard to fix it yet, though, so maybe I'll have a breakthrough. Unfortunately, though, I don't have a hell of a lot of ideas except going to the product's website and seeing if they have a driver or something, because it's supposed to be plug 'n' go, but I plugged and it didn't go and I don't see what step of that I could've possibly gotten wrong.

No comments: