Sunday, March 12, 2006

So.... I have two dead birds on my conscience today.

It bascially all boils down to me being too stupid to properly set an alarm clock. I've made it 6 months on this job without ever being late (okay, one time I was 6 minutes late thanks to the ISU homecoming parade screwing up my route to work) but today I did not set it correctly, and ended up sleeping much later than intended. Thankfully, work is not too mad, I got an occurance which basically means I'll get in trouble if I keep doing this, but is not a real problem in the long run.

I'm also lucky that Optpri is not furious with me, I was supposed to pick her up and drive her to work today, which I obviously didn't. We've been carpooling a little of late, because she lives surprisingly close to me out here in the boonies. I feel especially like an ass that the first alarm snafu I've had this whole time would happen the one day a week we try to carpool, the day I'm driving, only a couple times into this whole carpooling program.

Oh, and the dead bird thing is she had to speed really fast on the way to work so that she herself did not get an occurance, and hit two birds. I noticed one was still mangled in the grill of her car, and its death stare made me die a little inside. Carpooling, the one thing I try to do to save the environment, would end up yielding me the untimely death of two of nature's creatures.

Also crappy: I still can't get the flash drive to work. It sucks, I almost wish the installation HAD been more complicated, then I could go back through the steps to see what I did wrong. But if it's just plug it in, then what can I do, really? That's what sucks about computers. If you bought a toaster and plugged it in, and it didn't work you could get a refund. I'm pretty sure if I can't get the flash drive to work... I'm just stuck with a flash driver that doesn't work.

I think it might be my crappy computer's fault (something I do to insure myself in case my crappy computer finally goes pfft! would be foiled by the crappiness of my computer). In investigating the problem, I kind of see some o fthe same things happening RE: the driver that controls your USB port that happened to me RE: the mouse driver and videocard driver back when they just stopped working a few months ago and I had to fix them. The thing is, what I did was re install the drivers from a CD that came with my computer. Unfortunately, the CD doesn't seem to have any USB drivers on it. SUCK.

Also no one gets the joke I make when they decide not to get a plastic bag. Which, I say, "Thank you for reducing our dependency on foreign oil." PLASTIC is made from OIL, people. Look it up.

Good thing about today: I sold 8 stuffed easter bunnies at work today. In two hours. How awesome am I? Also one of my coworkers put them all in goofy poses. A couple of the bunnies are drunk or hung over, one is hiding behind his ears, and several of them are in a conga line.

No comments: