Tuesday, March 28, 2006

So: I have an addition to my Octavia Butler conversation I posted awhile ago, and that's the fact that vampires were in on the plot to kill her. The fact that I omitted this is a travesty to many, so I am glad to rectify this.

Work was pretty cool. Double Dizzle came up with a synonym for zoo-off, Zooel. Like duel. But with zoos.

And I read a poem to some very unimpressed little children. It was Shel Silverstein's "Boa Constrictor" where basically the snake is eating you and you're like, "Oh no, it's up to my toe! oh fiddle, it's up to my middle!" and so forth until you're like, "Oh dread, it's up to mmmmmmpth!" because basically at that point in the poem you are inside a boa constrictor and can't enunciate very well. I thought I would get big laughs, but not so much. I think they were just very apathetic kids though, because Mouse read them a poem about pirates, and he got a very low-energy response when he tried to get them to yell "aaaaaaar!!"

Sista: Did you know that Rick Springfield is in soap operas now?
Me: Let me guess: there's a guy named Jesse and he's hot for that guy's girl. But the point is probably moot.

No comments: