Saturday, March 25, 2006

So I'm feeling a little bad now because Mouse is moving in July and I've pretty much accepted his offer for me to take his appartment when he leaves, and I've not told my parents yet. Mouse isn't making me do it or anything, I have been so excited about moving out since he even mentioned the possibility awhile ago that I've been daydreaming about it.

Anyway, as of last night it's pretty much a done deal. I have to tell my parents as soon as possible so they have the illusion they're being consulted, and in case they go insane and don't let me leave and I go insane and don't tell them to suck my balls because I'm leaving anyway, that way Mouse isn't stuck thinking I'll do it, and then not finding someone else.

The reason I'm so excited: it's a cheap place, and I think I could actually afford it. Mouse makes more than I do, but he managed to live there and still have enough left over to drive all the way to Ohio every two weeks. Plus, before that he used to work part-time and still afford living there. Plus, I've seen the appartment, and it's not crappy or in a crappy neighborhood.

In other news, I'm feeling a little bad because I've finally had the realization: this is probably not what I want to do with my life. I know, I know, why didn't I have that realization earlier? I guess because this is the first job I've had that I really like. And I really like the people too. I don't want to leave them. However: that has pretty much been taken care of for me already, as they all seem to be deserting like rats on a sunken ship. Current tally: no-pulp & Jaws left already, Mouse, Jersey, Double Dizzle leaving in July, Sista leaving in August, Mulva leaving at a yet to be determined time.

But I don't know what else I want to do. The only thing I really loved was being a photographer, but then I learned it's mostly driving, which I hate, and that all the people are ginormous douchebags.

Most possibilities involve more schooling, which is stupid if I don't even know what I want to do. The only thing that sounds interesting at all is Librarian, which I don't know if I even want to do that that badly. And I wouldn't even know if I liked it until after I spent thousands of dollars in school, much like with photography.

Is it a crime to actually like being in retail and not be counting down the days till I leave? And miss everyone who does leave?

No comments: