Friday, March 03, 2006

Good things that have happened lately:

1) There was a guy in the store the other day with the EXACT same keychain as mine. My keychain, by the way, is a gigantic (I'd say coaster-size) penny. Despite the fact that I have many other keychains (I collect keychains), I have been using this one since I was 16. That's 8 years. And this is the first time I have ever met someone with the same one (though I did meet someone with a big nickel once). And I think his was made by the exact same company and everything because they both have the same year (1995) and the little denver mint mark. I have met a kindred soul.

2) I have been at the store 6 months. That means I have a 401 K now. It means I'm a grown up. A grown up living with my parents and working retail.... but with a retirement fund. A very, very small retirement fund (6% of my tiny wages + the 50 cents per dollar the store matches) but a retirement fund nonetheless.

3) Also: once I've been there 6 months another nice thing starts happening: we get 30 dollars store credit every month. But... our discount goes down from 33% to 25%. So I kinda wish I had known so I could've spent all the giftcard I already have. BUT, I could just save all this credit until the employee savings day in july when everything but DVD's are 40% off to all employees. Rock.

Bad things:

1) I got no sleep last night for no damn reason. Insomnia sucks.

2) I don't get to work the early shift at all next week. I hate it that I won't be able to, because that is the best shift hands down. I hate it that until now I've only got it once a week for awhile now. There is this one chick that gets it all the time and I don't know why, (she does books, while they have me do multimedia more, but back when she started getting the early shift she knew little to nothing about either) except by now she knows more about book merch so she is probably the logical choice. I was robbed! That should be me! Plus, I don't even close next week, which is the next best shift. I will do the mid shift every day which is basically being stuck on register at least half the day if not all day and just being crappy in general because you don't really have a lot of time before or after work to yourself like you do with the early or late shift.

No comments: