Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I WIN!

Things I won at today:

1) Getting the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album, Stadium Arcadium.

2) Completing Phase 1 of The Plan: (getting time off work for my vacation, confirming that the landlord is okay with me moving in the place I want. Hoping to sign the lease before I go on my trip)

3) Completing Phase 2 of The Plan: booking airline tickets.

Phase 3: telling the parents, we all know, will be difficult. One hiccup I remembered is Mother's Day is coming up. If I tell the parents now, and my mom gets upset, I pretty much just screwed Mother's Day for her. However, if I wait till after Mother's Day, that is more waiting for me (honestly, I'm at the point where I want to just get it off my chest and stop worrying already), and might tip them off that I've been keeping it secret for awhile.

I still think I will go the latter route, because screwing Mother's Day is a pretty crappy thing to do, even if technically it would be my mom's fault that she overreacts and crys for a week, thus not being able to enjoy her own Mother's Day.

It's okay. I have Stadium Arcadium to sustain me until I can let the truth set me free.

No comments: