Monday, May 01, 2006

Today when I woke up I started daydreaming about all the stuff I'm going to buy for my appartement in July. This includes but is not limited to: a nice computer (I don't need top of the line or anything, but I'd like something that won't break in a year, and that I could conceivably be using a long time from now, when we all live under the sea and speak squid), a nice stereo (ditto), bed, desk, endtable(s), dresser or wardrobe (I don't think the place has a closet), small kitchen appliances, etc. etc.

I've never been a big spender, but I enjoy thinking about it. In games like the Sims or Might & Magic, buying stuff with the fake money has always been my favorite part of the game. But in reality, I'll probably just see what fits after I get a bed and move in parent/sister hand-me-down tables and chairs. But until then I can imagine pulling out all the stops.

I actually do have a certain amount of money that I built up over the last year, but I kind of want to have enough after this buying spree to 1) Take a vacation. I get two weeks this year, and I kind of want to visit one or more of my friends in far-flung areas. I most want to visit Ryan, seeing as how we talk every day, but I also want to visit Tina because I have known her since high school, and with her living situation right now, I can tell she'd really like a visitor. On top of that, someday I'd like to take a ridiculously expensive vacation to Europe or Asia or something, but not have to stay at a hostel the whole time. There is no way I would actually enjoy it if I got no sleep and did not have access to a toilet whenever I needed to, so I might as well spring the money for a fleabag motel at the very least. 2) Have some savings, as I don't know how easily I will be able to save up money once I'm on my own.

In other news, I hung out with my one friend from high school (I really need to come up with a nickname for her on here or just suck it up and use her real name, because that's getting to be too much typing) yesterday. I feel kind of bad that we have absolutely nothing to talk about anymore. We can't talk about our jobs because she hates hers and it gets boring for her to listen about mine, we can't talk about movies, music, TV, or books because we don't like the same things, movies we actually go see together, which is usually what we do, are so horrible and/or bland that there's no point even in talking about them (we saw Failure to Launch last night, ewww). What we had in common was going to the same school & having the same friends, which we don't anymore. But I don't want to give up the relationship because 1) I don't have that many friends, 2) I don't think she has that many other friends, and 3) she is actually a really awesome person, which is why I miss being the way I used to be with her so badly. We get occaisonal glimmers of our old banter back, but it's always just enough to leave me wanting more.

No comments: