Monday, May 22, 2006

So.... avoiding the house + the internet connection being crappy right now = less posts. You people are probably glad, though. I've been having wicked crazy verbal diahrea lately. ....and not-verbal diahrea. DAMN YOU, COLITIS!

--P 2 tha E's husband says we should've called our Superpoos "Pooper Heroes." I can't believe we didn't think of that.

--Mom HAS been needling me about the trip, but it's not been as bad as it could be. My favorite bit I have to share with you, however, is when she told me that no matter what I say she knows we're going to have sex, and that "we don't want no babies and we don't want no diseases." And despite saying it in a hillbilly way for some entirely bizarre, unexplained reason, she was dead serious. I told her that first off, we are not having sex, and secondly that I think I could figure out a goddamned condom if we were. I also have to wonder what's up with the "we"? I suppose if I had a baby she would feel somewhat responsible for helping me out with it, but I have a feeling that if I got chlaymidia, I'd be on my own on that one.

--I signed my lease today! You are no longer reading the whiney blog of someone who lives with her parents, you're now reading the whiney blog of someone who is about to live in a studio appartement (in July)!

--HTS and I actually went to high school together! Also, even if he is kind of dickish, I think we are friends now because we bonded quite a bit over the high school thing. I have to say, even though I despise running into aquaintances from high school, it is bizarrely awesome to meet someone who went with you but you didn't know back then (this will be the second time this happened to me, Jaws would be the first). I can see why I didn't know either of them, though. They were both freshmen when I was a senior. I feel so old.

Also weirdly: he was in Scholastic Bowl, but he didn't join until he was a sophmore, we would've totally met if he'd joined a year earlier. And I might've technically met him one time when I visited my scholastic bowl coach after I graduated, because I remember sticking my head in and seeing a whole bunch of new people and being like, "wow, a whole bunch of new people." Also, he used to work at the Jewel-Osco my mom and I went to all the time, and we would've met if I hadn't started avoiding it because of the creepy guy there that stalked my best friend (who shops where I work now, bleh). He knows the guy I stabbed with a pen in Jr. High, he knows the chick who beat me up in grade school, obviously he knows a lot of the Scholastic Bowl crew, and we had a lot of the same teachers. Eerie discussion, but fun.

Jersey: you two are assholes!
Me & HTS: why?
Jersey: it sounds like you're making fun of a retarded kid!
Me: No, no, no. You aren't listening right. We're making fun of two retarded kids.

--I touched something damp when I was straightening the sex book section the other day. I am still traumatized.

No comments: