Wednesday, May 03, 2006

So I decided to not only wear makeup, but be as girly as possible (for me, which basically entails putting my hear up in a clip, and wearing a skirt as well as the makeup). I got the assorted comments of astonishment and/or praise. My two favorite were Optpri and Mouse (though Mouse's was good mainly for the delivery, which of course I cannot replicate for you).

Mouse: Are you wearing makeup? Fancy.

Optpri grinned at me like a madwoman until I finally took the bait and said, "What?" irritably, whereupon she said, "I'm a pretty lady! A pretty, pretty lady!" I think the glee was more from getting a chance to say that than the makeup, but either way good times were had by all. I also thought it was hilarious that she said the exact thing I said on my last blog post RE: the makeup without having read said post.

In other news: I hate people who are like, "But it's 13.99 at Best Buy!" Well why the hell didn't you buy it there then? Also, you could easily go back there and get it. It is really close. I also hate the guy who took it upon himself to yack my ear off about Lionel Richie and, of all things, Snow, that white rapper from pre-vanilla ice times that apparently "learned reggae in prison because he is canadian" according to that guy.

Something I don't hate: the new guy we had in today. During training, he managed to bring up shivs! I'm not even kidding! Elaine was telling him about how to ring up something being mailed, and told him about picking what kind of address it was, and one of the options is correctional facility. Then she said what type of things we can and can't send to a prison (which, by the way, overhearing other people being trained only hammers home to me how horrible the lady who trained me was, because I'll overhear things I still didn't know). Apparently we can't sell hardback books, or non-book items. And he was like, "alright, so we can't send them anything that can be made into a shiv. Yeah, that's right, I've seen an episode of jail break!" Which reminds me: in all future blog anecdotes RE: this guy, I think I will call him "shiv," as we have like 8 other new people starting right now anyway, and the term "new guy" will be meaningless.

But back to things I do hate: they're getting really intense about the Rewards program. If we don't make above a certain percentage of transactions in sign ups, apparently we will get repremanded, and then after enough repremands, fired. This freaks me out, because I do badly even when I try. And to be honest, lately I have not had a ton of incentive, seeing as how I've been passed over for promotion three times. But I DO try, because I actually do believe in the rewards program. But there are a lto of people who don't want to be "sold" anything, and there are a lot of idiotic people who lose their card, never register it fully, and then are like, "whatever, I don't want to sign up again" so then I'm stuck with a transaction that doesn't count! BUT, Mouse said the firing/repremands thing actually wasn't going to happen, it was just something corporate said but we probably weren't going to do. It pisses me off, though, because people have been fired for very stupid things at the store in the past, so... why not this? Anyway, it makes me upset, even though everyone says I'm worrying too much.

No comments: