Saturday, May 06, 2006

Today was awesome. Just one of those days where everything seems to go well. First off, two of the n00bs were there, thus relieving some of the pressure to constantly be on registers. I did spend some time at the registers, but Shiv did most of the interacting with customers while I was there to make sure there was someone answer questions.

Speaking of Shiv, he totally used "pwned" in a real sentence today. I really think he's going to give Mulva & Lister a run for their nerdiness. TII, of course, is still unquestionably the king of nerds at our store. He also kind of reminds me of Kin, who stopped talking to me much since he got a life. Reasons: nerdiness and tubaness. Thank goodness Shiv is not freakishly tall on top of it, or I would have to suspect things. I am also hazing him fairly well, as I managed to insult him fairly well with such jibes as, "Yeah, it's hard to run away when you have a tuba strapped to your back. Especially since you run like a girl."

I managed to climb the tall-ass ladders three different times today, which is quite unusual. Not that I am physically unable to, just that there's not much call for it. Anyway, I don't know if it's altitude, but I had a lot of fun up there. Death and I started giggling over a song I made about how I have to bow my legs to walk up the steps. Then Nickel & I had crazy fun times over this journal that had fish on it. We were calling it the "crazy fish" journal, and that somehow evolved into a song about crazy fish to the tune of the Spiderman theme song. "Crazy fish! Crazy fish! What's the dish on crazy fish? In the air, in the sea, crazy fish for you and me! Crazy fins, crazy wings, will Phoe fall off, as she sings? LOOK OUT! It's CRAZY FISH!" We also revived the "Getz" joke of awhile ago. She's actually grown on me quite a lot since she first started, I think we are buddies.

I also got to harass Optpri about her upcoming birthday. I REALLY swear I had singing in me today, because I started singing birthday wishes to her to the tune of Grease'd Lightining! from Grease. Though that actually started earlier where I sung it for no reason to a customer. Anyway, Optpri managed to revive the buttock jiggling joke, which made me warm and fuzzy inside, because I missed that. I am so lucky to have friends who remember the stupid jokes I love and then forget to revive them for me.

Sista also awesomely pointed out to me the conflict of me wearing my Mulletproof tee shirt (which I was today) in the store while we actually had mulleted patrons. I myself wonder if they even know they have a mullet. Because seriously, who goes to the person who cuts their hair and is like, "yeah, I'd like a mullet. Business in front, party in back, my friend. If possible: do it with a flowbee." But who knows.

Lastly, Mouse finally burnt the Wolf Parade for me and I listened to it on the way home, and it made me feel (whether or not this is rational) that everything is is going to be alright, at least regarding my upcoming trip, which is what I was thinking about on the drive home.

No comments: