Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'm a pretty lady! A pretty, pretty lady!

Errr.... I bought some makeup. On my mom's dime!

The thing is, my mom knows if left to my own devices I would never buy any hair products, makup, or clothes. So she will sometimes pony up some dough in hopes that I might someday turn out girly after all.

I went to a Mary Kay party at one of my ex-coworker's houses, and before I went, she told me I could buy some stuff with her money. I called her up from the party to get a price limit, because they made some of the package deals sound kind of appealing, but they were crazy expensive. She did reluctantly agree to quite a high bankroll, but I decided not to push my luck, so I got less than that.

I am thinking of wearing it (and some of the makeup I happen to already have, THANK YOU VERY MUCH) to work, as people act as if I am clinically incapable of acting girly (mass surprise when I wear a skirt/when it's even leaked to the public that I'm going to a Mary Kay thing at all), I'm afraid of how annoyed I'd get to a reaction to makeup. The last time I really thought of wearing makeup, to be honest, was for that movie I was in, considering no one wants to be immortalized on video without a little help thanks to lighting and makeup. However, I had to come straight from work the day I did it. Plus, it was crazy hot and I would've looked like I was melting.

In other news, my beloved Ben Folds is gaugeing me again! I can't decide whether or not it's worth to buy the soundtrack for the stupid movie Over the Hedge because he has four tracks on it, several completely new, one of a new version of Rockin' the Suburbs featuring Bill Shatner. Especially since his last album: not that great. Yeah, I said it! "NOT THAT GREAT." "Bastard, You to Thank, and Landed are kind of okay" is the best praise I can give to that album! Not that great of praise!


Phoemeister: I totally got a guy with boobs mad at me today
Sui: haha
Sui: a guy with boobs?
Phoemeister: all I could think of the whole time was Meat Loaf's character in fight club
Sui: haha
Sui: Nice
Suib: Did you call them "bitchtits" ?
Sui: Because that would probably be what made him mad
Sui: or comment on his book choice of "Living with bitchtits" ?
Phoemeister: no, he got mad over something totally stupid and unrelated to his boobs
Phoemeister: I rung him up for a gift card, but I accidently knocked it behind the registers without noticing it (which I could see him getting mad about, but he didn't seem to be). Then he apparently called us up, and one of my managers found it. He came into claim it, and since I didn't know any of this other stuff happened, I had to page a manager. So the manager calls back and I'm like, "Yeah, this guy is up at registers and he says I rang him up for a giftcard but didn't give it to him and that he called you guys up and you found it?"
Phoemeister: and he got all pissed off that I called him "this guy," because it sounded like I was trying to discredit his story

but I was like, "Hey, since they found the card and have it waiting for you, they obviously believe you, why would I try to discredit you?"
Phoemeister: but he was still pissed
Phoemeister: I wanted to be like, "Hey, I could've called you "this guy with boobs"
Phoemeister: ALSO, it is crazy, because I am EXTRA polite when I hate people
Phoemeister: so if I had hated boob guy to begin with I would've said, "a gentleman wishes to inquire about a situation involving..."
Phoemeister: instead of, "this guy wants to get his card back"

No comments: