Thursday, May 18, 2006

Today I am cranky, cranky, cranky.

1) Sexy* thinks I'm a bitch, I think. Because I started my day, as I mentioned, rather crankily. And we do "reccomends" in the morning, where basically they ask us what we would reccomend to a customer and we mention something we've been enjoying lately. This is not that helpful, I can't remember a single instance I've used one of them, because usually what I like is not applicable to some middle aged lady I'm trying to find a book on Jesus for. Anyway, today mine was Stadium Arcadium, and it's only the second time I have used it so far. But anyway Sexy was all kidding me and going, "Hey, that's selling really well people already know about it use some imagination for cripes sake!" And I was like, "Bite me!" Because it's something I genuinely like, I hadn't just glommed onto it because it was popular. Then he tries to smooth over my anger by saying, "at least you have good taste in books," and mentioning a Neil Gaiman book I have on the hold shelf right now. And it just irritated me more, like, I don't need to justify anything I like to this guy. So anyway I teased him some later about something or other and he's like, "Why do you have to be so mean and nasty?"

At least at the second instance Renegade was there and pretty much told him that's how it works at the store, that we're always constantly teasing each other. AND if you can't take it don't dish it out. He also said, "Phoe and I respect each other. I respect that she's an asshole, and she respects that I'm an asshole too." Anyway, until further notice, I put him on my "irritating" list.

2) I had lunch with Sista today, which was nice. I got as much garlic as humanly possible because I was really in a mood for it today. It is about 12 hours later and I am still burping garlic, and that's how I like it! I also enjoyed her company. We have not gotten to hang out as much lately.

3) I was at registers all day. It actually kind of didn't suck because it was moderately slow and they actually gave me stuff to do while I was back there for once.

4) When Optpri came into work today, the first thing she told me was that she hates my mom, which makes me feel better. I sometimes wonder if my dysfunctional relationship with my mom clouds my judgement and she is not actually as horrible as I think, so it's nice to get people outside the situation (though admittedly fed the story from my point of view) agreeing with me on things and confirming my opinion. I have to admit, because I was in a bad mood, I mocked her smoker's cough to no less than three other people today, and got at least one or two others to agree that my Mom is wrong.

5) My computer is broken. Broken broken broken! It won't even turn on. I should be more upset about this, but I'm not. I think that's because it has bounced back from situations like this before, and I'm hoping it will again. Also I'm less sad because I plan on getting a new one soon anyway (when I move.) The parents said they'd pay for it as a belated graduation gift, and I'm going to hold them to it no matter what the hell happens the next few weeks. So I will be sad to lose my files if the old computer is not recoverable, but at least I have a new computer to look forward to (and my parents computer to use, like now until then).

6) I had dinner with Sista & Mouse at Wendy's. I'm thinking I should start going there for all my burger needs now that I have a stalker at McDonald's. I had fun, though it was kind of quick.

7) I hung out with Mulva and his buddies for his birthday! I feel bad that I kept forgetting that it was his birthday and/or doing mean things to him. I have the attention span of a goldfish, honestly.

8) I got home to an e-mail from my sister that basically rips me a new one for not going to mother's day brunch with her and my parents. Which, my mom, queen of the overreactors wasn't mad about this, so why the hell is my sister? My mom told me, when I asked, that my sister and her husband had made some big stink about me not being there on the day of, and instead of defending me, Mom had just been like, "I didn't feel like arguing about it," so I look like a douchebag even though I had lunch with her at a different time AND am doing the bulk of the flower shopping with her. Which, I am hoping to do tomorrow, which would mean truth telling time is on Friday. I think my parents are beginning to wonder why I am being so antsy about getting the flower thing done and over with. I hope once I actually tell them they don't get mad at me for being antsy about it. But seriously, though, if you have a bomb to lay on someone, isn't waiting until AFTER a special occaision the kindest way, even if you have to keep the secret a couple more days?

I hate the world.

____
* no, I don't find him sexy, but the joke that Renegade does still makes me laugh.

No comments: