Sunday, May 28, 2006

Wow. Sometimes I wonder if I'm bipolar. Because for about a week, until yesterday, I was in a wretched mood. But yesterday and today: I was very happy.

By all rights I should have been at least a little irritated, seeing as how I dropped way too much money on a crappy wal-mart swimsuit today, and about as much on a crappy wal-mart swimsuit cover-up thing, which is the barest scrap of fabric I'm hoping (no doubt in vain) will conceal the hideous mess of cellulite and stretchmarks that are my upper thighs. I also spent some cash on airsickness medication, and wanted to buy some headphones, which I couldn't find what I wanted. When I sleep in places that are not my bed, I like to put on my headphones, but what I have now aren't flat enough to be comfortable to sleep in. But I couldn't really find any very flat ones at Wal-mart or best buy today.

Also people have been giving me crap about the shirt I'm wearing all day, though it was more funny than anything. It's this shirt that says "terriers" and has a cartoon depiction of each breed of terrier on it. I got it in Jr. High, when my tastes in apparel ran to "big" and "cute animals." It's not as bad as a lot of them, though, most of the worst I've thrown away already. Anyhow, since I'm working from now until my vacation, I don't really have time to do laundry so I'm just wearing my crappiest clothes until then so I can take my normal wear along with me. So...... get ready for a barrage of stupid tee shirts with animals or Star Wars characters on them in the next few days. And if the khakis I'm wearing begin to smell..... it's because I've been wearing the same pair over and over.

I also had nothing to do at registers, but I entertained myself by fishing out all the pens that had been stuck in cracks. I came up with 15! Plus several paperclips and some woman's Kohl's credit card that expired two years ago. It was awesome to see the look on Lister's face when he realized how inanely proud I was of it.

Awesomely, for some reason Kevin, the new supervisor, and I had all three seen X3 last night and ended up discussing it and the X men in general for like 20 minutes. I love how nerdy it was, and Kevin still regularly cracks me up, for instance acting out the scene after the credits for the new sup and I, since neither of us had stayed (though I knew OF it, thanks to Jersey Ryan and I having a discussion about it last night).

Me: (to Kevin) You can remember Moira MacTaggart's name, but not Charles Xavier? What's wrong with you!?

New Sup: And he's grinning when he dies, I wondered what that's about.
Me: "if you strike me down now, I will become more powerful than you can imagine!"
Kevin: They'll make a whole new trilogy out of that!

HTS and I talked some. I still think he is kind of a jerk (since we found out we went to the same high school 90% of our conversations involve him making fun of/complaining about people we knew in high school), but alright to talk to. One awesome thing: we seem to share a similar taste in music. Also, he is twisted (but he has no idea what league I am in):

Me: *discussing how the book "Pat the Bunny" freaks me out and makes me think of child molesters ever since Carmax told me that it freaks her out and makes her think of child molesters*
HTS: Yeah, I was going to say something completely awful like, "Those kids deserve it, dressing in those provocative outfits!" but I didn't want to freak you out.
Me: Oh, I don't think you can. I'm constantly talking about completely horrible things.
HTS: ....have you ever talked about belly flop abortions?
Me: No.... but have you ever had two conversations with two different people where the topic of Satan's penis independantly comes up?
HTS: No.... have you ever talked about inverted penises?
Me: No.... wait, maybe. Does talk about sex change operations count?

Seriously, I think I have worse conversations than anyone, and more frequently. And most of my child molestation conversations I have with a guy while he is actually at an elementary school. And I mean..... the hamburger helper children as a condom + his mom's corpse conversation. Also had while he was at school (I think I was listening to Christian rock, too) .....and I'm visiting this guy in less than a week. So.... um... pray I don't die :P

No comments: