Monday, April 07, 2003

Don't you hate it when you have a huge mouthful of goldfish crackers, and then the phone rings, and you have to really try and chew them up in a hurry so that you don't sound like someone who stuffs 400 goldfish at a time into their mouth, and then it turns out to be a telemarketer that you don't want to talk to anyway, and your goldfish cracker eating experience has been ruined?

Yeah, that happened to me just now.

I actually sort of thought it would be my mom. They went up to the funeral. Yesterday my mom was all like, "I'll call you!" and I replied (somewhat sarcastically) "Yeah, sure," and she acted all hurt. But come on. The whole family went to Florida without me for a whole week last year and none of them called. They're away two days for a funeral, and they're going to call me this time? And what is there to report, really? On a trip you can be like, "Oh, we saw this, and this, and this today." What are they going to say about a funeral? "Yeah, she's still dead."

So I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: