Tuesday, April 08, 2003

I like my group members in TV class. I really do. But sometimes I wonder if someone dropped them on the head when they're little.

We were linear editing today, which means we have 2 vcrs. One is the source, the other is what we're recording on. It took each of them 5 minutes to work on a single cut, which they still didn't get right. Though, that does include the sadly large time it took me to explain to them that you want the source tape after the part you want to cut out, and the record tape to stop before the next part you want to cut. Am I being arrogant calling them dumb? Is this not common sense?

Anyway, it took me about 5 minutes to dub the 2 or 3 other shots after that, and then go back and redo the whole tape again in order to go back fix what they'd messed up. So either I'm freakin' awesome or they're on the dumb side.

But, I was happy with the tape we made. Each of the groups had to record several shots that "told a story." I basically taped the guys fighting over pocket change. Not only was our tape the only one that actually told a story, but ours was the only footage shot in the correct filter, so we must do some things right. Though I think he was a little unhappy with our group because we forgot to rewind the tape after we gave it to him. He gave us this long lecture about how not cueing up tapes is "the cardinal sin of TV."

So I can't be too full of myself, because I'm the one who forgot to rewind the tape.

No comments: