Sunday, April 27, 2003

Well I actually managed to start my sitcom last night. It's probably not professional caliber, but it's pretty damn good for a single inexperienced writer. I ended up going with "MC Hammer as unpleasant houseguest." I actually started with "the Itching Monkey Dogs volunteer as Big Brothers/Big Sisters," but nothing would come. But I have 3 or 4 scenes of MC Hammer being unpleasant, so woo, way to be unpleasant MC Hammer. I also have to write a bit of description/action of the chars while their not talking into the script, but that should also be easy.

Best of all, it's not as long as I thought it would be. 10 pages is a lot, but it's about half as much in the script form he wants us to use. The only long/difficult part will probably be the treatment, where I explain the whole plot of the show. We're supposed to do that before we write the script, of course, but I'm a rebel, man.

No comments: