Monday, April 28, 2003

So I had my lunch with the prof from my England trip, Igraine, Chris, and Cory.

Good times. It's weird how sometimes you don't realize how much you miss a person until you see him/her again. It was nice.

But while I sat there, with among other people, 2 prospective lawyers who make great grades, one complaining about how she couldn't fit all of the relevant information on her resume, me knowing I have to pad to make a one page resume. Going to be kicked out of the honors program for failing 169. Etc. I began to feel kind of bad about myself. What in the hell have I been doing the last 3 years?

The prof was really nice, though. Somehow the group got on the subject of reference letters, and I ended up mentioning that he was probably the only prof I could put on anything. I've failed to maintain friendships with the few profs who have any idea whatsoever who I am, I guess. Anyway, he said that he doesn't like to do reference letters for people unless he thinks he could write a really strong one, and I was like, "could you write a really strong one for me?" and he said he could. So I know where to go if I need a reference, I guess.

Also: I got to mentioning the sitcom I'm writing. Igraine pulled a "what in the hell are you on?" face when I mentioned some of the jokes I thought were funniest, worrying me, but since then I've talked to a few other people, and they think it's funny. Also, someone said something about seeing it on the air someday, and I was like, "Yeah, I'd be surprised." The prof was like, "I'd be surprised if it didn't get on the air someday. You are one of the brightest, most creative students I've ever had." That totally warmed the cockles of my heart. Though at the same time I'm a bit suspicious of it. He's never read any of my creative writing. A lot of people say nice things about my writing, but they're all my friends. Strangers, such as the people I worked with on the radio proj, seem a bit turned off by my writing ideas. I always wonder who's opinion is closer to the truth......

Oh well. Time to get to class.

No comments: