Tuesday, April 22, 2003

So my TV prod prof puts meaningless trivia questions at the end of his tests for extra credit, right? I mean, I don't mind, because I get them right, so woohoo for me, but it kinda sux to be you if you don't happen to know anything about the moon landing.

Last test, one of the questions was what Istanbul was called before it was called Istanbul. I dutifully wrote down Constantinople. I also really wanted to add in "Byzantium," another previous name for Istanbul, but didn't want to show off.

So I overhear this guy sitting near me say to the prof afterwards, "Did you know it was called Byzantium before Constantinople?"

So of course, to get my two cents in, I'm like, "Actually, I thought it was byzantium in between the time it was Constantinople and when it was Istanbul."

So he explains to me the exact reasons why it was Byzantium before Constantinople.

I fell in love.

No comments: