Saturday, April 26, 2003

I'm trying to write a monkeesesque sitcom for my final project in Media Writing starring a band I made up called "The Itching Monkey Dogs." The only problem is while I'm pretty good at characters, I suck at plot. And even when I come up with plots i'm not sure how to execute them. Or which to pick. So here are my plot ideas, and I value input from anyone who leaves a comment:

--Every sitcom at one point or other has the episode with "the unpleasant houseguest." I was originally thinking of M.C. Hammer being the unpleasant houseguest, but my mom also had a the amusing idea of one of the Itching Monkey Dog's Grandmas being the unpleasant houseguest

--The tourbus breaks down in the middle of a small town

--The Itching Monkey Dogs go back in time. Possibly the bassist ends up being his own grandfather, though I probably couldn't get away with this because I stole the idea from Futurama. Possibly they end up meeting The Monkees, which I think would be hilarious but i don't know if I could write it very well because I don't remember specifics about the Monkees or the 70's.

--The Itching Monkey Dogs volunteer to be Big Brothers/Big Sisters

--The Itching Monkey Dogs go on a cruise.

--The Itching Monkey Dogs go to Vegas. Possibly meet Wayne Newton

Several of these my mom actually came up with. She's actually a much better idea person than me.

No comments: