Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Well, I decided to give up. Yeah, that's what I do best at. Anyway, I'm not going to C++ AKA 169 AKA "El Classo Diablo" anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get the C I need, so I think I'm going to funnel the time and energy I'll save from not working at that class anymore into other classes, hopefully improving my grades in them to help soften the mortal blow ACS is inflicting on my GPA.

An unrelated note: Do you ever feel guilty when you get two things at a time from a vending machine? Especially when someone is behind you waiting to use it and witnessing it? I found myself getting one thing today, and then waiting and waiting and waiting and lurking and waiting for the other girl to go away so I could get a second thing and not look like a freak. I also got a drink, so that's like 3 vending machine items.

But speaking of looking like an ass: it was hilarious. I was sitting down in the hall, waiting for class to start, drinking my Dr. Pepper, eating my skittles, and listening to my headphones. When I tried to get up, I had the aforementioned items in my hands, plus my backpack and coat. And I have poor balance. Yes, you can see where this is going. I totally fell over while I was trying to get up. The hilarious part, though, is I fell so I was laying on my side, and I didn't spill hardly any of my pop. This guy who was going into the classroom looked back, and here I am laying around in the hallway holding out a bottle of Dr. Pepper like a total jackass. It was embarassing but amusing.

Speaking of looking like a jackass to members of my H&S class (Note to self: come up with more transitions not involving "looking like an ass"): I am the only one in the class who admits to not knowing computer hardware well. So today, the prof and this other guy in the class were explaining something, and they both looked DIRECTLY at me while they were doing it, and all asked if I understood afterwards. I didn't, but I said yes anyway. It is so freaking embarassing being singled out as the "slow child" just because I don't know what the hell an IDE cable is.

And I'm not dumb. Just different. I mean, I looked at EDO and didn't think, "Extended Data Out Dynamic Random Access Memory," I was thinking, "Hmm... Edo. That's what Tokyo was called before the Meji restoration." I mean, I could analyze the hell out of Edo. "Edo was a small village until the Tokugawa Shogunate started requiring all Daimyo (and in many cases, the Daimyo's court/followers came along for the ride) to live there for half a year every year (a full year every other year, for daimyo in more remote territories) to help prevent plotting." I could even go into more detail, and bore everyone to tears. And that's exactly how I feel when they go on and on about all this hardware crap. So yeah, I should've been a history minor, not an ACS minor. Stupid parents. Telling me I was good at computers, not realizing that I'm not, because I'm so good at computers in comparison to them. They wanted me to major in ACS. At least I dodged that bullet.

Grr, I can't believe I'm going to have to go thru 169 again. It sucks so much.

No comments: