Monday, January 16, 2006

FACT: my car smells strongly of french fries. Or as I like to call them, "freedom fries."

Like, before the thing last night, I started feeling horrible. I started getting a migraine and nausea and the whole bit. But the one nice thing is about my migraines: if I take some drugs right away and lay down somewhere dark, I can kind of nip them in the bud and I feel better suprisingly quickly.

So I'm laying down in my room, and my mom's like, "Do you want anything from Steak 'n' Shake?" because apparently my Dad was getting carryout. And fries actually sound nice, like maybe they'd settle my stomach. So I was like, "As long as he gets back by 6, that's when I am leaving." So I lay around more, and my dad hasn't come and I look at the clock, and I'm 10 minutes late. So I get up, and actually feel fine by then, and am like, "I have to go." And my mom's like, "no! no! Your Dad's bringing you fries!" And I said, "No! I have to go! It's not a regular party, we're watching a movie!" Which, it turns out I could've been late, but still, it's the principle of the thing. So my Dad comes back right when I'm leaving, and they make me take the fries with me so I can eat them in the car, as opposed to saving them for me to heat up later.

So I eat a couple of the fries in the car, but they're salty and though I do have water in my car, I don't want to try and be juggling three things while I'm trying to drive somewhere. I get there, think of bringing the fries in, but by then they are ice cold (15 minute drive from Steak 'n' Shake to my house, half hour drive from my house to the party, though maybe less since I was speeding to make up for my late departure). So... I leave the fries in my car. But when I get home I can't take them inside to heat up later, because my parents will be all, "WHY DIDN'T YOU EAT THE FRIES?" So... I just have these fries in my car. And I am going to have to keep them in my car until I find a suitable place to throw them away.

True story.

Anyway: actual party = good. There WAS cheese, and I did learn the ways of a board game called "Apples to Apples." It was a little weird because I didn't know that many people, but they seemed to like me alright. The movie, Tampopo: not as good on a second viewing, because I knew all the funny bits already. I always forget that a comedy is usually worst the second time you watch it because you already know all the sight gags and non sequitur/absurd bits already. But then, some of them if I watch a third or fourth time I begin to like again (though not as much as the first time) because I feel like I know the characters by then or something and it's like, "Yeah, that's classic _____! He's always doing crazy shit like that!"

No comments: