Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Oh, I also wanted to document a discussion I had with Jaws today. First off, we were talking about which one of use would win in a fight, and one of my reasons was that I take things from my environment, such as pens, and use them as instruments of stabbing.

Me: I really did stab a guy with a pen in Jr. High.
Jaws: I did too!
Me: Really? My guy actually got the same amount of detention as I did for provoking me in the first place. He sat in front of me all the time (our last names were close in the alphabet) and would just torture me every day.
Jaws: Mine used to draw on my desk all the time, and I totally warned him. I was like, "______, if you do it one more time, I'll stab you," and I did.

So, _________'s name is not a common one, and I actually did sort of know a guy in high school named that. So it made me curious.

Me: What high school did you go to?
Jaws: Normal West. Why?
Me: I went there too and I totally think I know the guy you stabbed!
Jaws: wow.
Me: Do you know the guy who I stabbed, ______?
Jaws: Actually, I do think I've heard of that guy. Hey, did you know my brother, ____?
Me: Hunh. Maybe. Was he like, obsessed with ferrets?
Jaws: He totally IS!
Me: Oh my gosh! I remember him! He was in my french class. Whenever we had to do a skit he insisted on dressing up as a woman and somehow including ferrets in the dialogue!

So then we ended up discussing other people we both knew, but actually it was only one person, this really weird redneck chick from Kentucky I used to hang out with because I was desperate for friends back then.

Also, another coworker went to high school with my brother-in-law. Small world.

No comments: