Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sub, dudes?

So they're trying to make us reccomend stuff to customers more. I hate it, because no one likes what I like, and the few times I feel qualified to reccomend (i.e. the person is getting a book and based on that I genuinely think they'd like another book as well), no one takes my advice. And when it's not something I know/like, I feel like I'm coming on like a snake salesman.

Anyway, I DO think I am pretty good at being creative with it though. Today someone got a guidebook on Hawaii, and it's not like I'm going to be all, "Oh, Frommer's is better!" or anything. So I TOTALLY suggested Hawaiian music, and even went so far as singing a little bit of "Tiny Bubbles" to her. Tell me that is not ace salesmanship.


Phoemeister: when it comes to being a phony, I rock especially hard
Phoemeister: "I do think your band will make it big"
Sui: haha
Phoemeister: "that outfit DOESN'T make you look fat."
Phoemeister: "that happens to everyone."
Sui: "it really is a good size"
Phoemeister: lol
Phoemeister: "I heard that's a good thing in India."


Phoemeister: the next time someone buys a nicholas sparks book, I'm totally going to tell them how great pimps up hos down is
Phoemeister: or the next Narnia buyer
Sui: You can recommend the "brokeback mountain erotic picture book"
Phoemeister: lol
Phoemeister: I don't think there is such a thing. I'll have to take a copy of brokeback mountain and draw in the pictures myself.
Sui: haha
Sui: that's disturbing in its own right
Phoemeister: well that's what I was going for
Phoemeister: I rock disturbing almost as much as phony

No comments: