Saturday, January 07, 2006

Well today started like one of those days where I do nothing but sit on the couch all day, but then I somehow found a spark of motivation, and it ended up alright. I swear, I would probably have a thousand times more things accomplished in my life if I could somehow get started in the first place, because once I'm doing things, I'm good. But if I never start.... its not pretty. I do not kid when I say this morning, I watched really horrible children's programming for an hour or two. And then I was going to watch some really horrible movie on TV, but, it was SO HORRIBLE, so wretchedly wretched that even I couldn't take it (stuff has to be really bad before I won't watch it. I won't even lie, I sat through all of the Scooby Doo movie once, I've watched Pretty Woman like 20 times because they have it on TV constantly), and I went to walmart.

It was SO nice outside. So nice. Like.... 50 out or something. I drove with my windows down. I consider myself an inside person, but the sunshine and air did wonders. So I actually ended up energized enough to put away the like, months worth of laundry I had laying around, and cleaned up some of the enormous piles of crap I leave around the house and my room. I re-alphabetized my CD's (I'm a huge nerd like that, and also find it ironic that that's something I do all the time at work now, and here I am doing it in my free time too...).

Then, my parents babysat the 'phew and let me come along, and that was fun too. I got a dinner out out of it, and of course 'phew time is always golden. He STILL knows the word "people," because of me, which still makes me weirdly proud. They've also told me that it's not so much he doesn't know my name, as he doesn't ever speak anyone's name. But, if you put something into his hands and tell him to give it to his aunt, he goes straight for me, which makes me happy. Since I don't hang around my sister constantly just waiting to leap on a chance to be around him the way my parents do, he doesn't know me as well so I am always paranoid that he will all the sudden not remember me or decide not to like me or something.

So all in all: a pretty good day. Thank you, nice weather.

No comments: