Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's okay, we fucked in the parking lot.

I went to another film thing at Mulva's last night, and it was pretty awesometastic. I learned what the best way to improve a conversation about fonts is (to capitalize it), which Power Ranger makes the best Valentine (Red Ranger, because there is a lot of love in those thighs) and that Amish parties are intense (livestock in the living room, loud Amish sex, broken windows, and foam are all involved). I was pretty bummed because I had to leave early so I could go to sleep early like a total loser because I had to get up at 5 a.m. the next morning.

The actual film we saw was Me and You and Everyone We Know and it totally rocked. It kind of reminds me of Amelie and Napoleon Dynamite at the same time. I don't want to exactly compare it to Napoleon Dynamite, because that carries a lot of baggage. What I want to say is that it's like Napoleon in that it's full of quirky characters and the plot doesn't really go anywhere but you're okay with it. I want to say it's not like Napoleon Dynamite because most of the people in this film you could probably actually stand hanging out with if they were real people, whereas if I had to hang out with Napoleon or Kip or Uncle Rico or even Pedro a day or more I'm pretty sure I would end up stabbing him to death. Anyway, I loved it. I highly reccomend it. Especially to you Ryan. If you go see this, maybe I'll watch Pi someday. Maybe.

Today was kind of meh. I guess I was kind of tired and crabby, because two different customers complained about me today, which kind of pisses me off. The first one, basically asked me if an order they made would come in today, and I said I doubted it, and there was this big pause so I eventually was like, "I'm sorry." And then the lady hung up on me and her husband called back and told Mouse I had been mean and said I couldn't help her or something. The other one, I couldn't find something for her, and she found it and told me where it was and I was like, "Okay, thanks," and apparently I didn't get excited enough about it because she went and told Mulva how horrible and snotty I am. Anyway it freaks me out that these people I thought I was perfectly polite to are mad enough about it to go around telling coworkers and supervisors what a bitch I am. If it was just the once I would've brushed it off, but apparently I'm doing something that puts people off, which is not good.

Anyway, today will end well at least, Sista and I have plans to hang out tonight. It's actually been awhile, we haven't really done much since that night we went to Barnes and Noble. AND, we already have plans to hang out on Monday, she's going to show me the sights of Springfield, from whence she hails. Good times.

No comments: