Saturday, January 28, 2006

"I'll take any man as long as he doesn't look like the elephant man"

"Except where it counts."

pause for comedic effect

"the heart."


Man.... the fact that my parents are insanely nosy is annoying, but it does help me keep my wheelings and dealings straight.

"Hey, weren't you doing something tomorrow?"
"No, I'm not doing something tomorrow, I'm doing something Monday."
"Monday?"
"Yeah, actually I was doing something with Sista on Monday but then she canceled but then today Mouse asked me if I wanted to hang out on Monday so I'm hanging out with him."
"I thought you were doing something on Wednesday."
"No I'm not."
"I thought it was a movie with Mulva.
"Oh yeah, I AM seeing a movie with him on Wednesday."

Speaking of movies, I'm thinking I'm going to make my upcoming birthday the Birthday of the DVD's. See, my Christmas was "Christmas of the Music," and November was the month of buying a thousand books that I only just finished reading and I have a LONG queue of books I want to read but not to buy right now.* So the only thing I can really think of that I'd want is DVD's. Except I never know what I like that I liked the once but never again or what will end up being a classic I watch over and over.

Anyway, I've been toying around with the idea of getting The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Station Agent, American Beauty, Moonlight Mile, and The Good Girl for a long time, so I might ask for those. Me and You and Everyone We Know (or else You and Me and Everyone We Know?) which I mentioned how awesome it is would also go on the list, except I can't decide whether it's "really great once" or repeatable viewing great. Thirdly: season 3 of Home Movies. But then my mind was blank, for the most part. The only other thing I can even think of is the original star wars movies, but I am not sure. I really have a thing against buying big fancy box sets and that's the only way you can get them. And even though I love them I've seen them so many times already.

Anyone have any other ideas of movies I want but just can't remember? I asked Ryan and he was like, "The Limey," and I had to be all, "Um, I already have it, why else do you think I can constantly have conversations with you where we do nothing BUT quote The Limey?" And he said, "Tell him I'm fuckin' coming!"

Wait..... most of that conversation didn't happen. Also, actually when I wrote that list out I kept thinking of more and more so maybe I don't need to pad out this list as much as I was thinking when I first started.

_______
* Right now I'm reading the new Amy Tan, Saving Fish from Drowning
Lamb -- Christopher Moore, Double Dizzle reccomended
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil -- yeah a ton of books I want to read are because I saw the movie
St Anthony's Miracle/Miracle of St Anthony's -- I always forget which it's called, but it's a reccomend from Ryan, who also recommended me Moneyball which I really liked.
Assasination Vacation -- Sarah Vowell
Alan Alda's biography
Blink
the new novel in this crappy vampire series that I know is crap but read anyway
the new Trudi Canavan
...and the list just grows and grows. Every time I finish one I remember two or three or someone else reccomends something, or something more important comes out.

No comments: