Sunday, April 30, 2006

So yesterday, there were some marketing people from the corporate office to help us out with the grand opening of our cafe. The one lady just walked back behind the registers like she owned the place, even though I had no idea who she was, and I pretty much just let her, because she seemed to know what she was doing.

So I was talking about it:

Me: Yeah, so I think not even questioning her was probably a bad thing in hindsight. I could pretty much just let anyone up there that way.
DD: Don't feel too bad. I totally let that chick into the back room without asking.
Me: Okay.
DD: And she was super-nice, too.
Me: Yeah, she was.
DD: But that other one was a total bitch. They kind of canceled each other out.
Me: It's a zero sum game.
DD: All that was left were two fakely blonde haircuts.

I'm going to miss him when he's gone.

In other news, I think working at the store has made me a worse dancer, if it's even possible. Because whenever there's any upbeat music, we all dance, only usually we do goofy dancing to make each other laugh. Doing THAT much spazzy bad dancing has made it so that's how I really dance now. So.. if I ever start flailing around and hit you, I was trying to dance. Collateral damage is inevitable, I'm sorry.

No comments: