Wednesday, October 16, 2002

I think my music choices have been especially masochistic lately.

1) I've had "Come Around" by Rhett Miller on repeat for the last couple days. The chorus is "Will I be lonely for the rest of my life" over and over. Now imagine me alone in the dark, bathed in the glow of my computer listening to that song on repeat. I THOUGHT I listened to the song because it was good and I like Rhett, but then:
2) Today I downloaded Eleanor Rigby. Yea. Eleanor "all the lonely people" Rigby. Pathetic.

I DID download a whole bunch of other Beatles songs (I feel guilty about ripping off a whole lot of songs by one band, but I don't about the Beatles because Michael Jackson owns the rights) at the same time, though, plus a couple solos of John and George's. Man I loved "Set on You" in the 80's. It's still good, STILL good. In a cheesy way. But most good things ARE cheesy.

Anyhoo, I am lonely. I was so glad when Igraine called me last night. That, by the way, is where the deoderant thing in the previous post came from. To appreciate the conversation, I have to tell you that the line leading to the alzheimers/deoderant went thusly: commie aldi macaroni (that would make a good band name, btw), kraft macaroni, the Philip Morris company, people suing tobacco companies, people suing deoderant companies because the active ingredient in deoderant apparently facilitates alzheimers in lab rats.

Igraine: Yea, some day people are going to start suing deoderant companies.
Me: Why?
I: because it gives you Alzheimer's
Me: Huh?
I: Aluminum Zirconium, the active ingredient in anti-perspirant, helps cause Alzheimer's disease.
M: hunh. Really?
I: Yea. That's why I only use deoderant, not anti-perspirant.
M: There's a difference?
I: Yea. Anti-perspirant stops sweating. With deoderant, you still sweat, it just makes it smell better.
M: Err... I sweat like a pig now, I'd hate to see what my pits are like if I give up the fight and just attempt to make it smell better.
I: Nah, you still sweat because anti-perspirant sucks and doesn't stop sweat very well anyway. And it gives you alzheimers! Give up the anti perspirant!
M: But I have degree! My body heat turns it on! Anyway, what deoderants don't have anti-perspirant in them?
I: Mens deoderants, I use right guard. ALL women's deoderants have it in.
M: That's okay. I can't use Secret anyway, I tried it once and I was allergic and ended up with these horrible pit-rashes. Specially formulated for a woman, my ass!

Then it continued in the vein of her trying to convince me to use deoderant and not anti-perspirant.

Oh and commie aldi macaroni: She thinks Aldi is communist, because when you go in there they only have one register and the line looks like people lining up for stuff in communist russia or something. And she has macaroni from there, that we sadly talk about all the time.

No comments: