Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Man, I'm spending too much money lately. First I paid theater price for the latest crappy Jackie Chan movie, then I spent real money on food (rather than going to the dining center) and today I've blown 12 dollars (credit card, hehe) on posters. On my side of the room I have a big Lord of the Rings poster, a small stonehenge poster, and a midsize "Kings and Queens of England" poster. Pretty dorky.

But since I have the room to myself now I decided to dorkerize the other side. So I got two posters today.

It was hard to decide... I thought of getting this inspirational Einstein one. I thought of getting a Nirvana one. But though I like Nirvana, I don't think I'm in to them enough to put up a poster, I'd basically be doing it because Dave is hot and they never have any Foo Fighter ones. Einstein is a great guy, but not as hot as Dave. So I didn't get those.

There were some classy art ones, I particularly liked a Salvador Dali, plus the Dali was yellow like my other three posters. One of them had lightning similar to this, which would go with the lightning in the background of my LotR poster. Then I remembered I wasn't classy.

So now I have the classic Matrix poster, and one with Jimmy Eat World. JEW was probably a bad idea, because the next album they drop will probably be horrible and I'll hate them and be pissed I paid six dollars to have them up on my wall, but they were the only good band besides Nirvana they had there. (Well, except for Bob Marley. Do college students have a weird obsession with reggae, or is it a pot thing, I want to know. Every college-age-targeted store around here that carries posters has at least 8 different prints of Bob. And I've never met any Rastas here, so I'm just wondering). At least the Limp Bizkit poster trade seems to have dried up a bit since the last time I looked at posters.

No comments: