Saturday, October 19, 2002

Last semester, I took Career Choice (great help that's been), and at the beginning of the class, we had to do a timeline about the job-related stuff we have done in our life, and will do in our life, with a couple of details. Anyway, the huge posterboard with it on is taking up too much space, so I'm posting it here. (some details are out dated, I believe I did this january of '02) The beginning's pretty boring, but when I get to the future, I got creative :P

  • 2/82 I came into the world on a brisk but sunny day in February

  • 8/88 On a balmy day in August, I start my first day at elementary school

  • 5/99 I became a National Merit Scholar

  • 4/00 I start my first job at Capacity Inc., a "mature" women's clothing store.

  • 6/00 I graduate from high school

  • 7/00 My local Capacity Inc. store closes because of a lack of customers and a general unwillingness of the general Bloomington-Normal population to work at a Capacity, Inc. store, rendering Capacity, Inc. unable to replace my local manager, who ran off to join the army.

  • 8/00 I begin schooling at ISU where I've been accepted into the honors program and where I meet my best friend, Sib

  • 12/01 I begin working as a desk attendant at ISU

  • 1/02 I apply to the British Culture and Institutions porgram at ISU, and I get in!
  • 8/02 I have a great time in England, and learn a lot.

  • 12/03 I drop out of college and form a band called Piggle Sniff with my friends Wanda and Kin. I'm the lead singer/guitarist, Wanda the drummer, and Kin the bassist.

  • 5/07 We have our first hit! Our record goes gold!

  • 6/07 I meet Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters. I immediately sweep him off his feet, and we get married barely two weeks later

  • 9/07 Greenday sues Piggle Sniff for copyright infringement, and wins

  • 1/08 The band's growing self-destructive spiral becomes apparent when Piggle Sniff plays at the Rosie O'Donnell show: Kin assaults Rosie, Wanda begins vomitting onstage, and I break my guitar yelling various profanities at the audience

  • 2/08 Kin is imprisoned for assaulting Ms. O'Donnell, putting the band on temporary hiatus

  • 5/11 The band releases its followup to its self-titled album released in '07. The album, titled "We hate Greenday and Rosie O'Donnell," does poorly both commercially and critically. Some critics attribute this to the song "Soccer Hooligan," basically 7 minutes of screaming and racial slurs, while others slammed, "Die, Rosie O'Donnell," formed of the word "die" over and over as shrieked by bassist Kin. One critic said, "The whole album is crap!" Rosie O'Donnell hires a bodyguard.

  • 9/12 I wake up in a Holliday in bathtub in Omaha, Nebraska, missing a kidney and having no idea how I got there.

  • 7/14 I catch my husband Dave Grohl cheating on me with Wanda. Shortly after this, the band dissolves and Dave leaves both Wanda and I.

  • 2/17 I release a solo album titled "I can't believe you slept with my husband, you @#$%^!" While becoming semi popular amoung middle aged women, this album does not have much commercial success.

  • 4/19 Piggle Sniff reunites in order to release a remix of our hit album. This sparks a reunion tour

  • 3/20 VH1 does a behind the music special on Piggle Sniff

  • 6/20 Kin and Wanda realize that they are washed up when they see the VH1 special. They create a mutual suicide pact, and kill themselves

  • 10/20 Saddened by the death of my friends, my drug abuse reaches new depths. I OD in a Holiday Inn bathtub in Omaha Nebraska at age 38.


We were also supposed to pick overall trends/theories from our "life" and my top one was "Drug abuse leads to poor judgement calls."

I got an A++.

No comments: