Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Well..... I talked to the people at the Arts Technology program. This time I begged them and acted desperate, because I am desperate. Anyway, I have an appointment with the lady tomorrow.

However....

I think I'm screwed as far as that's concerned because I don't think I'll get in their stupid major, because I have to have a portfolio of artwork that I've already done.

WHAT???

I freaking hate majors where you have to know half of what you're studying already. Why the hell are you going to their classes if you know all about this stuff already? This is why I couldn't major in Music Therapy back when I was investigating this stuff a year ago, I had to know piano and guitar just to get in. For this, it sounds like I wouldn't necessarily have to submit art that's been all technologied up, but I would have to submit art. I can't sing very well. I can't draw, except for if they maybe accepted something like this, or paint, or do anything. I can't play any instruments, or even read music. I can't act. They said maybe you could submit a webpage--which I have the technological skills to do a purely html one w/o any bells and whistles, but that art-wise I can't design anything to save my life. I thought the point of this major was others supplied the art, and then you would enhance it electronically.

GAAAAH. But I'm talking to the lady anyway.... *please don't cry in front of her please don't cry in front of her please don't cry in front of her please don't cry in front of her* and if I manage not to cry in front of her, maybe she'll tell me something that will give me hope.

No comments: