Wednesday, October 16, 2002

I'm so annoyed: do to my idiocy and the idiocy of others, I have been trying for 2 days now to get this packet I need for ACS (applied computer science). It's lecture notes, and instead of making us buy them all at once at the beginning of the year, halfway through they're just like, "Go buy the other half from rapid print now."

Monday: I didn't have any money. I got my mom to bring some that I had at home and had laid out on my bed that morning because I'd meant to put it in my wallet
Tuesday: I go in there with my twenty, (the packet's five) and the guy there says:

Him: We don't have change for a twenty
Me: You don't have change for a twenty?
Him: We don't have change for a twenty.
Me: Um, what am I supposed to do? I really need this packet, and I only have a twenty.
Him: blank stare
Me: What am I supposed to do? (sometimes when I'm frustrated, the last word in my sentences is an octave higher and whinier than the rest of the sentence)
Him: *my shrill whininess seems to bring him out of his stupor* Maybe you could get change at the Alamo (bookstore)
Me: But I don't want to walk all the way to the Alamo...... (especially if I didn't know if they'd be like "you have to buy something first, and I'd been there earlier and there was a mile at the register a mile long)

Then, when I came back, I totally had forgotten about the packet, and I went into the lab (same building) to work on my latest program assignment. Five minutes in, I realized what I'd done, but I didn't want to leave because to get back into the lab you have to fill out 8 things, show 2 forms of ID, give them your mother's maiden name, and sign something in blood. Then, by the time I was done in the lab, Rapid Print was closed. Grrr.

Maybe I'm getting alzheimers disease from my deoderant. (The alzheimers deoderant remark will be explained later, I just have to get to bleeeh class now. And TRY to pick up that damned packet)

No comments: