Sunday, October 27, 2002

Today my England Group had a get-together where we showed each other all the pictures we'd gotten developed.

One bad thing: the prof had it outside again, like his last get together. Does the man not realize that during cold weather, people enjoy the indoors more? Oh well, at least it was warmer than last time.

Also, I had a couple snafu's getting there. Word of advice: Never get directions anywhere from my mother. She makes things a million more times complicated than they have to be, plus the way she tells you takes an hour. "After you get on Linden, there will be a stop light. Go straight. Then there'll be a stop sign, the street it crosses is Pine, I think. Go straight. Then there'll be another stop light, intersecting Willow. Go straight. Then there'll be a street with no sign or light. Go straight. Then there's another street, Locust. Turn right. Once you're on Locust......" It's infuriating, especially if you're in a hurry/late which I was. But, I did make it there. Yay.

Rest of it: Quite good.

Jen had an awesome scrapbook, and we all signed it, and wrote down memories of the trip. Ed's still working on the video, but the footage we have seen is pretty great already. I mooched several doubles off of people, now I have a photo of the guy Cory pimped for me, a photo of this old lady yelling at the tower ravens, a photo of this awesome guy who played the saw at bath, a picture of me drinking my first alcoholic beverage, and a couple of photos of "my makeover" the one night. A couple of people didn't have doubles with them, but are making copies of photos I want too. Mainly, a photo of what I wrote at the Beatles Wall at Abbey Road (I was stupid and took a photo of what everyone else wrote, but not what I wrote), and a photo of my back as I'm walking in the Dover tunnels. I thought it looked pretty cool, and it'd be something I could put on my online account of the trip, because it doesn't show my face*

Socialization was fun as well.... Since Sib and I had our falling out, I am desperate for any human interaction I can get. And this was pretty good, I kind of missed these people.

*I don't want any of you freaks knowing what I look like

No comments: