Tuesday, October 29, 2002

This day did not start too well.

My alarm didn't go off. I only woke up a half hour late, though, thanks to Igraine calling. She has to study a lot this week and wants me to hold her remote so she won't watch TV instead. She says she has awful willpower.

I'm not inclined to make fun of her though, because I probably have less, in that I'm not even willing to give up my remote, I'd rather just watch the (awful) TV and get the bad grades.

Anyways: I'm scurrying about, trying to get ready for class in time. Then, I remember that I forgot to do a worksheet for the class after my next class. A worksheet about streaming radio over the internet. Hence, I need the computer for it. I don't have time in between classes to do this, so I have to fit this worksheet into my cramped time as well.

Then: my computer won't start. I have this problem all the time, basically all I have to do is turn it on and off about 80 times and it'll eventually turn on. We actually had someone look at it awhile ago. A neighbor we have that works on computers.

He said I had too much stuff clogging up my memory. Or something like that. My opinion is that my ROM-BIOS is messed up. This is based on the fact that as a computer science minor, they told me what bios is once. Also....there was an error message saying I needed someone to fix my bios one of the times it started up. Computer guy is like "no, no. If it only showed once, then it isn't the bios."

Anyway, it looks like he was wrong, because after deleting all the stuff he said to, it still won't start half the time. And I got that error message again another time the other day.

Anyway, all this trying to get my comp started takes even more time.

I finally got it started and got the urls I needed, and rushed off to class.

I fell down a flight of stairs on the way there, that was fun.

Hmmm, this entry is poorly written, even for me.

No comments: