Saturday, October 26, 2002

I was having some fun today at the expense of my sister's last will and testament.

If she died, her husband would be the executer of her will. If he died before her, Dad would be. If both of them died before her, I'm next in line.

She picked Dad first because he knows the most about estate planning of any of us. She picked me second because Mom is cracked already, she'd go into hysterics if my sister died, and be no help at all. So I'm next in line.

So we were all talking about it today for some reason, and mom asked who came after my sis's husband. When sis said Dad, mom actually sounded a little, "Why not me?" so sis hurredly added, "He knows the most about estate planning." So we weren't about to admit that I came before she did.

So we ended up talking about it at length.

Sis: So Dad's the first one in line
Me: *mouthing behind mom's back* Then me! Then me! *outloud* Oh Yeah!
Dad: Yea, but her husband is first
Me: *mouthing* Then Dad, then me! *outloud* Oh Yeah!
Mom: Who's going to do it if you and your husband die at the same time?
Sis: I think his little brother will take care of his will, and Dad will take care of me.
Me: *mouthing* If not dad, then me! *outloud* Oh Yeah!

etc. so on. And Mom never once wondered why I kept up with the Duffman-style Oh Yeah's. Who knew wills could be so funny?

Okay, dumb story. But I thought it was funny :P

No comments: