Thursday, October 17, 2002

Okay, I find this hilarious: Today I was e-mailed by the head "deVryette."

Okay, to make you understand the hilariousness, I have to start at the beginning.

First of all, this blog sort of has a joint Message Board with Finger Lickin' Good because when she started up her blog, we would have (friendly) insult matches on each other's guestbooks. No one ever visits it, not even my cofounder (though I check in from time to time, and have it linked all over the the blog). Anyway, it's an EZboard, and they have a directory over all their boards.

Anyway, when you start up an EZboard, you can put it in the directory under certain pre-defined subjects. Except for a couple band names, we put ourselves under the dorkiest, weirdest, obscurist, categories. Mostly really cheesy Sci-Fi TV shows that only lasted a couple seasons in the first place. Stuff like Space: Above and Beyond or Seaquest.

One day I did a search on their directory (months and months ago) and found out that we were the ONLY people in the Space: Above and Beyond (which makes me wonder why they'res a whole category for it) and one out of two for the SeaQuest category. As a joke, I thought I'd visit the other SeaQuest board and be like, "hey." Well it turns out that the other message board was dedicated to William deVry, some guy that had actually acted on one episode of SeaQuest. Well, I have to give him credit, it was one of those two parters.

Okay, but the hilarious part? There's several women at the board who apparently just LOVE this guy. I swear, I SWEAR, they call themselves the "deVryettes." (that makes me think of the Rimmettes in Red Dwarf, btw). I posted "hey, who's William deVry?" and they were all shocked that I didn't know him, and told me about the SeaQuest thing, and how he was in three episodes of StarGate and all. Even deVry himself said hi to me eventually.

And hey, if he's good enough to act side by side with MacGyvver for three episodes of anything, I have no problem with him or his deVryettes. Plus, I just now looked at his website, and he was in an episode of Nash Bridges, too! And he's Canadian! And soon he's going to costar in a movie with the sister from Growing Pains. How cool is that? Damn cool! I even signed the petition up on the board to bring back his soap opera character, proclaiming to the world how wicked cool I think he is!

Aaaanyway, I apparently ended up on some mailing list or something, because today I got a message from the head DeVryette. Does this make me a DeVryette now? I think maybe I just like saying DeVryette.

No comments: