Saturday, April 08, 2006

I love working in the back room where no customers can hear me. Only I gots to start talking quieter. Because I probably would not want them to overhear me, and it's not exactly soundproof.

Me: *holds up a gammera(sp?) DVD* It's gammera! Only I always accidently pronounce it like Gomorrah.
Hootie: As in Sodom and?
Me: Yeah.
Hootie: Isn't it funny how Sodom sounds the same as sodomy?
Me: I think Sodom is the root word for sodomy. Because it was a sinful town, and sodomy is a sin.

*pause*

Then Hootie & I say at the exact same time--
Me: Too bad I LOVE IT!
Hootie: don't I know it!

Then Lister walks in and wants to know why we are giggling so much. And of course, I tell him he doesn't want to know. And of course, that makes him want to know more.

Me: Okay, okay, we were discussing sodomy.
Lister: *horrified expression*
Me: Hey, I didn't bring it up.
Hootie: I didn't either!
Me: Yes you did! I was like, "Look at this DVD of Gammera," and you were all, "Let's talk about sodomy!"
Hootie: I did not!
Me: Well there were a couple of steps in between but you brought it up.
Hootie: I was just saying that Sodom sounded like sodomy!
Lister: You guys are horrible!
Me: We're joking! It's not like we actually do it. I don't think it's possible for anyone to have had less sodomy than I have, because I have had no sodomy.
Lister: I don't need to know this!
Me: Wait, does having scopes and stuff up there count? Because then I have definately had some sodomy.
Lister: I am leaving now.
Me: I was unconcious during! That shouldn't count.

Here are a couple other conversations I had:

Mouse: so, are you serious about wanting to have my appartement after I leave?
Me: Yes, *hiccup* I'm *hiccup* serious.
Me: Man, it is really hard to have a serious conversation while you have the hiccups.


Hootie: Man, Lister is the grumpster today!
Me: yeah
Me: Crap, I can't figure out these new DVD keepers.
Hootie: Me neither.
*some bizarre fumbling with said DVD keepers ensues*
Me: Man, why do I feel like you and I are Larry and Curly, and Lister is Moe?

I had a couple of others but I forgot.

Oh, and the greatest thing that happened to me today is at break I opened a book I had brought to work and left in my mailbox, and much to my surprise, on the page I'd dogeared to mark my place, there was a post-it that said, "zoo off!" from Double Dizzle. It was hilarious and awesome, especially since I hadn't even known he had come in today. I'd like to stealth zoo-off him back, but I have no ideas of places to put it. PLUS, he'd probably be expecting it now.

Also funny: I left my sunglasses at work a couple days ago, and so I'd remember to take them home I put them in my pocket. I kept taking them out and putting them on and telling everyone my future is so bright I have to wear shades. Then I came across Jersey, who for some reason had his sunglasses in his pocket too. He put them on and we did the "what's up?" nod at each other. So old skool.

No comments: