Saturday, April 22, 2006

So I totally went crazy at work today. There is this case of fruity tea in the back that like, expired a year ago that they gave to us to drink that I say is partially to blame. Not so much the fact that it is expired as that I had way too much. Because I had like two of them. In three hours. I think I sloshed.

Which, I don't know if you've ever noticed (or drink in the quantities I do), but you actually do slosh if you drink enough. Remember back in the days when Snapple had those ads where people wrote them stupid letters and the Snapple lady came and visited them? Well one time I drank a whole bottle of snapple all at once and recorded the sloshing and was going to mail them the cassette of my sloshing along with a witty letter about my sloshing, in hopes that the Snapple lady would visit me. I never got around to mailing the tape, and ended up keeping it around for a disturbingly long time.

I was a weird little kid.

When I mentioned that the tea was making me crazy, Mouse went and had some too, and he went psycho as well. He was all doing his Golum impression on the name of this magazine, "Spiegel," and doing his impression of this air filled man thing in front of the cellular phone store in our plaza, and all his other voices, and his old standby, "For Lovers" about a million different ways. He also paged me on the overhead while I was 10 feet away from him to tell me about the thumb wrestling on the poster in the back office on how to do the heimlich manuver, (which I then accidently licked).

At the same time, I was singing the "beep boop" part from the Postal Service's "Brand New Colony," rocking this one pun where I replaced getz (as in Stan Getz) for every instance of get or gets, saying "too bad I LOVE IT" (from the sodomy discussion with Hootie awhile ago), and using my "you're having baby!" joke.

And then I realize, it feels to me like Mouse and I belong together. I'm really mad that he's not my brother and I didn't grow up with him. Because in my mind's eye I can see us driving my parents insane on car trips, or him beating up all the jerks that were mean to me in grade school. And sometimes I feel like an only child, because my sister and I are so different, and we've never been close. Sometimes she seems to me like Expecto-tron, "the robot that conforms to society's expectations!" Anyway, I'm going to miss him. I doubt he'll keep in touch. I've had friends I've known much longer that never even bothered.

Or maybe this is just the impending separation anxiety I feel whenever anyone is about to leave.

I leave you with this depressing yet hilarious (in my opinion, of course) conversation I had with Death.*

Me: *starts singing one of the songs from School of Rock* Err... that's from School of Rock if you don't know.
Death: I've never seen that. I kind of want to, but I never see any of the movies I mean to, even after I go out and buy them. I just get busy or something.
Me: Oh, well I have no friends, so I'm like, "I think I'll watch a movie!"
Death: Well I don't have friends either. I end up puttering around my appartement.
Me: Oh, well I sit at home and think, "I could clean or something, but I think I'll wallow in my own filth and watch a movie!"

Oh... and I just realized another reason I might've been weird was I was on high powered narcotics (a little). Anyway, since I quit the birth control (I thought it was giving me headaches/I didn't like the enormously painful and traumatic pap test I had to do to keep them providing me with it) that used to keep me cramp free, my periods have been getting worse and worse so today I took some darvocet from back when I had pancreatitis. But I don't think it made me hyper, as the first half of work, when they'd be strongest, I felt more down and out of it than anything.

_____
* She's a manager we have on loan from Peoria to do Elaine's job, since Elaine is doing boss-boss's job since boss-boss is on pregnancy leave. "Death" is because she is going to mortician school right now.

No comments: