Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Today was awful. It's the third time lately I've been on registers all day, a disturbing trend. It is a damn good thing that I have tomorrow off, because I think without a little rest I would flip out and start killing people if I had to deal with stupid people or explain our stupid rewards program.

Add to that the fact that I have a relatively low percentage level at signing people up, and it makes me look bad.... The thing is, I started out the day earnestly trying to do better, but after 8 hours of it, I would SO rather stab people than explain the system to them. Even nice, not crappy people!

But I think the reason I have such a low percentage IS the fact that I am so burnt out at being up there at register. Ever since they've been monitoring us on the rewards, they've been printing out all these stats, which includes how many transactions we've had each day, week, and then cumulative since they've been keeping track of this. And I'm up a thousand or two (yeah, this rant sounds stupid because I have a really bad head for numbers and am probably messing this up) over EVERYONE ELSE IN THE STORE, except for Mulva. Between the two of us, that sheet makes it look like we're the only ones keeping the fuckin' store running*. And scarily enough, he's up about as much over me as I am above everyone else. I have no idea why he has not snapped and killed us all. And not only that.... still gets a better percentage on signing people up for the rewards than I do.

I HATE THE WORLD.

And it got worse when I opened my e-mail just now. They're giving out a coupon for free coffee that's going to be good for this weekend. AND, the registers have been spitting out 30% off any one item coupons that will be good this weekend too, and the last time that happened it was absolutely brutal. Combined with the free coffee.... I just hope that corporate is smart enough to give us enough money to properly staff the place this weekend, or I will totally flip out and start shivving people with whatever comes in handy and then do myself in afterwards.

_______
* Not that it doesn't suck for everyone else, too. Hootie's been doing the all registers shift a lot lately, for all that she's part-time. Same for a lot of people. Stupid corporate keeps cutting back on payroll, though, so they'll only have one seller in the whole day, making it so that registers IS the only thing to do.

No comments: