Wednesday, April 12, 2006

So, I IMed several people:

Phoemeister: so I've decided that "zauberflote" is the hip new curse word
Phoemeister: discuss

here are the groundbreaking revelations these discussions unearthed:

Sui: I disagree
Sui: nothing will ever beat out "fuckshitass"
Phoemeister: well you see I didn't say it was the all time best curse word
Phoemeister: fuckshitass is a classic
Phoemeister: but the hip new curse word (popular for 3-6 months) is zauberflote
Phoemeister: how come you dont' even want to know where I got it?
Sui: I figured it was just your inner german coming out again
Phoemeister: well, Mr. Smarty Pants, it IS german. For magic flute!
Phoemeister: come on
Phoemeister: that's a great fake curse word for penis
Sui: haha
Sui: okay I can agree with that
Phoemeister: thank you!
Sui: haha not a problem : )
Phoemeister: anyway it's some Mozart opera, and we have a DVD on display of it, and every time I see it I want to be like, "Zauberflote!!!"
Sui: yeah I've heard of it in english
Sui: didn't realize that was the geerman for it
Phoemeister: well I saw zauberflote
Phoemeister: on the package
Phoemeister: and the little tag we have that has the artist had mozart on it
Phoemeister: and it was with a bunch of operas
Phoemeister: and flote kind of looks like flute
Phoemeister: so I came to the conclusion that it was probably the magic flute
Sui: haha
Sui: Good call


Sarcasmyst: zauberflote...
Sarcasmyst: I don't know.
Sarcasmyst: it doesn't have enough BITE on the final syllable.
Sarcasmyst: curse words should end in a consonant
Sarcasmyst: not a vowel :P
Phoemeister: well it's a silent e
Phoemeister: it's german, so you can really put the angry emphasis on the flote sylable
Phoemeister: zauberFLOTE
Sarcasmyst: Hmm...
Phoemeister: there's even an umlaut over the o
Sarcasmyst: but it's so LONG
Sarcasmyst: I like the umlaut. :-)
Phoemeister: it's german for magic flute
Phoemeister: come on
Phoemeister: it's the best fake curse word for penis ever
Sarcasmyst: *laughs* dude. that is true.
Phoemeister: see, I always win them over when I bring up the magic flute/penis connection
Sarcasmyst: *laughs* penises for teh win, indeed.


Mulva: zauberflote reeks of profanity in the way children do
Phoemeister: .....thank you?


Zanial: How about I don't discuss it. Zauberflote YOU.
Phoemeister: that's not what your mother said last night when I showed her my zauberflote!
Zanial: My mother is dead! HOW COULD YOU
Zanial: (not really but it's the best thing to say)
Phoemeister: Hey, your dead mother loves my zauberflote
Zanial: I'd believe it. It's worth being around!
Phoemeister: thanks
Phoemeister: whenever I take it around town I get lots of compliments
Zanial: I wish I could be like you with your zauberflote
Phoemeister: you could for only four payments of 24.95
Zanial: Wow! What a deal
Phoemeister: You're telling me!


AOwens: ok.... haven't been watching buffy have you?
Phoemeister: no...
Phoemeister: why?
AOwens: just thinking of some of the terms from there
Phoemeister: oh. Actually it's german for the magic flute. Which makes it all the better, because that's totally a fantastic euphemism for penis
AOwens: and buffy used to through in some german stuff... not really sure where she woulda learned
Phoemeister: well, the Magic Flute is a mozart opera
AOwens: ok
AOwens: what's its relation to you now?
AOwens: you said new cuss word..... don't like it?
Phoemeister: no, I just think it's funny! Magic flute is an awesome name for penis, and the german makes it sound more angry and emphatic
AOwensI: freud would have a field day with you about now
Phoemeister: not really. His thing is unearthing hidden penises. If it's right out in the open he doesn't care.


BSD: kind of unilateral of you.
Phoemeister: well
Phoemeister: I said you could discuss
Phoemeister: it's not set in stone
BSD: i don't know, it's kind of already in motion
Phoemeister: but one man can stop it if he tries hard enough
BSD: i lack the drive
Phoemeister: well then too bad
Phoemeister: it's done
Phoemeister: DONE, I tell you
BSD: oh
Phoemeister: no escape from zauberflote
BSD: it sounds like a french swear word
Phoemeister: well it's a german swear word, thank you very much
BSD: ok
Phoemeister: I'm glad we cleared that up
BSD: as am I
Phoemeister: that could've destroyed the very fabric of the space/time continuum
BSD: right
Phoemeister: really man
Phoemeister: it would rip the very ass off the pants of our universe
BSD: ok, that is funny
Phoemeister: thanks
BSD: no problem
Phoemeister: whenever you're not laughing, I go right for an assless pants reference and it perks you right up

No comments: