Saturday, April 29, 2006

So today was bleh, but not as bad as it could've been.

I am, however, getting REALLY tired of the Bruce Springsteen/Pete Seeger CD. It's been played at least once a day at work since it came out, plus some of the tracks are options for what would normally play on the overhead anyway, and then today it got played multiple times. I'm not saying it's a bad cd (for other people to listen to), but for some reason, it just grates on my last nerve.

Tomorrow will be better, if only because I'm coming in at 6 a.m. and will not have to deal with customers until 10. AND cannot possibly be badgered into doing anything at the registers until then either.

Oh, here's a random observation from work: Apparently we have Guinness Book Of World Records Magazine. Which.... why? Although, one could ask that about a LOT of our magazines. But what really got me was there was some old lady with the longest fingernails on the record, with a tiny photo in the corner of the cover (the main bit of the cover was dedicated to the tallest guy in the world). And I thought, "How sad." Because being a tiny picture on the cover of that magazine is what all her life up till now has led up to. I mean, to not break those nails she must have someone feed her and dress her and bathe her. I can't think of a job she could really have without touching anything at all, she probably can't drive or have sex either (not to mention self-love). That seems like a lot of work just to have the longest (and most creepy-ass) nails in the world. Especially since the guy who gets the main bit of the cover did no work whatsoever.

I've found that whenever you feel depressed, you can usually find something at the store that makes you feel even worse, and that magazine qualifies.

Things at the store that make me feel gleeful, though, include: Chicken Soup for the Prisoner's Soul, 20th Century Masters: Heavy D & the Boyz, and Cutting Hair for Dummies.

No comments: