Wednesday, April 12, 2006

So I stole this meme from Dataangel, who stole it from someone else...

the meme is a set of questions that you answer by putting your media player on shuffle and letting it answer them. No cheating, even if it doesn't make sense.

I have my own warning, which is basically this: my "media player" is my computer, which has on it four things, musicwise: things I liked enough to d/l, but not buy, things other people have sent me, and lastly things that people I really like made that aren't really on albums (live versions, acoustic versions, covers, etc), things I don't feel bad stealing (Beatles, etc), so it's not that accurate of a picture.

1) How does the world see me?

Godhead cover of The Beatles' Eleanor Rigby Not particularly encouraging.

2) Will I have a happy life?

One Way - Levellers

"there's only one way of life" so, um... maybe I find jesus?

3) How do my friends really think of me?

Got My Mind Set On You - George Harrison

I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you" Yes! They're hot for me!

4) Do People Secretly Lust After You?

Goo Goo Dolls - Big Machine

ecstasy is all you need
living in the big machine
oh, you're so vain so... no?

but then there's

I'm aware
I'm in love but you don't care so... yes?

5) How can I make myself happy?

Jimmy Eat World - No Sensitivity

Be less sensitive? Or more?

6) What should I do with my life?

This Love - Maroon 5

This answer is a slap in the face! I can't think of any song on my list that gives less help as to what direction someone should point their life in!

7) Will I Ever Have Children?

Matt's Dad's Basement - Tupac at Mcdonalds Haha. Also a useless answer, but I at least am not ashamed of this song.

"I saw Tupac at McDonalds
he got a chicken mcnugget
I saw Tupac at McDonalds
that ol' G first taught me to thug it!"

"west siiiiiiiide is the best siiiiiiiide"

"I looked at him and I took a breath
please tell me why you faked your death"

"ain't no life like a tupac life cause a tupac life won't stop"

8) What is some good advice for me?

Different Drum -- Linda Ronstadt also useless

9) How will I be remembered?

Your Song - Elton John

"I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind
that I put down in words
how wonderful life is
now you're in the world" That's good to know, Sir Elton.

10) What is my signature song?

Barenaked Ladies cover of Weezer's Buddy Holly.

"I don't care what they say about us anyway
I don't care 'bout that"

11) What do I think my current theme song is?

Mad World - Gary Jules

"I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
the dreams in which I'm dying
are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
when people run in circles
its a very, very mad world"

12) What does everyone else think my current theme song is?

Lifehouse - Hanging by a Moment (acoustic)

"forgetting all I'm lacking
completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation
you take all of me"

13) What song will play at my funeral?

Box Car Racer - Letters to God This one actually works out pretty well.

"and I
I won't lie
I won't sin
maybe I don't wanna go
can't you wait?
maybe I don't wanna go.

14) What type of men/women do I like?

Caviar - Tangerine Speedo Aw snap, this is hilarious.

"your mouth made an offer that their bodies cannot veto
no woman can resist a man who looks good in a speedo"

"nowhere to go
nothing to do
I'll be as gentle on you as tearless baby shampoo"

15) What is my day going to be like? (night more, like, since I'm doing this before bed)

Goldfinger - Superman

uh ohs "I'm trying to sleep
I lost count of sheep
my mind is racing faster every minute"

so those were the original questions. But I was bored, so I added more of my own:

16) what do you want played on your wedding?

Heart (things never shared) - Doug Martsch

"things never shared
things that don't mean much to me" This marriage must be doomed from the start.

17) how do you feel about your mom?

Electric Six feat. Jack White -- Danger High Voltage

"fire in the disco!
fire in the taco bell!"

"don't you wanna know how we keep starting fires?
It's my desire! it's my desire!"

"danger danger, high voltage,
when we touch, when we kiss" No, that's how I feel about YOUR mother.

18) how do you feel about zauberflote?

Ben Lee -- Close, I've Come

eh. No clear answer there.

19) how do you feel about the current administration's politics?

Prozzak -- I Like To Watch

"I like to watch,
I like the way you bounce, bounce,
I like to watch,
ya ya groovin movin,
I like to watch, shake it if you've got it lady
here's my confession:
I like to watch your hot box." Yeah.... I got it bad for Cheney. God, I'd forgotten how horrible that song is.

20) what is your religious affiliation?

Pedro the Lion -- Slow & Steady Wins the Race haha, this one works so well.

"all the way to grandma's house
I stayed on the narrow path
but my brother wandered off
deep into the woods

bitten twice by rattle snakes
tangled up in poison oak
he fell down and broke his legs
into a great ravine

when I arrived at grandma's house
she had made us tea and cake
she asked where my brother was
and I said, "I don't know,"
and ate

when I get to heaven
I'll be greeted warmly
surrounded by the angels
as jesus takes my hand

and I'll recieve a mention on the river jordan
and a crown of diamonds
for a race well run
I won't ever lock my doors
I will trust my neighbors
confident that they deserve
to be there in heaven
too."

21) what is the meaning of life?

OK GO -- 100 Miles

"with a little bit of money
we could buy us a car
with a little luck
we could get away from where we are"

22) why is Ben Folds so damn sexy?

Hum -- I Hate it Too

"I'll send you flowers made of silent tiny pieces of the sun" ...not really relevant.

23) where are you going to be in four years?

Incubus -- Meglomaniac

"hey megalomaniac
you're no jesus
yeah, you're no fucking elvis" Maybe this one should have gone in my political question slot, and "I Like To Watch" should be here, fortelling my future as a stripper.

24) What is the most important relationship in your life right now?

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Joan Baez. Apparently some confederate soldier named Virgil Cane is my most important relationship.

25) What do you think of Brad & Jen breaking up?

Without MSG I am Nothing - McLusky

"do do do do do do do!"

26) What is the worst song you've ever heard?

Damien Rice -- Volcano. Wrong, I actually like this one. I've only never bought the album because I've never heard any of his other songs, and am afraid it's his only good one.

27) Best song?

MXPX cover of A-Ha's Take On Me haha, it IS pretty damn awesome.

28) Why don't people like you?

Flight of the Bumblebee - Patrick Sheridan. Yes, why people dont' like me is the flight of the bumblebee performed by a master Tuba player.

29) Why don't you get a life?

Teenage Fanclub - It's All in my Mind. maybe it was in my MIND that I didn't have a life. ...maybe not.

No comments: