Saturday, April 29, 2006

Oh there was another incident I feel the need to post, which is I apparently just made friends with a guy who works at McDonalds. He just randomly started talking me while I was waiting for my Chicken Selects today.

By the way, to preface this, so you all don't think I'm a freak who eats McDonalds for every meal or something, I'd like to point out: actually, I'm a freak who eats Taco Bell for every meal, only Taco Bell is so damn slow that about 50% of the time I want to go there I give up and go to McDonalds on grounds that it is at least 1) nearby and 2) hella fast.

Anyway, he tells me he recognizes that I come in there fairly often, which I have to admit I do. Then, I guess I felt like I had to explain why I am always coming into McDonalds and quickly wolfing down a Hamburger All American Meal all alone like a serial killer to him, so I said I worked nearby and it was convenient over my break. Which I knew would lead to having to tell him where I work, which I didn't want to tell him. So he asked, and I told him because I'm bad at just telling people who creep me out to leave me alone, and am equally bad at lying. Apparently he shops there, remembers me from there too, AND has had me find stuff for him before.

So basically, I'm so OBLIVIOUS that I could, in theory, have a stalker and not even notice it. Because I apparently have encountered this dude numerous times at both the store AND McDonalds and never even recognized him.

Anyway, my excuse to him on why I didn't remember him is that I'm terrible with faces. Which is true, I will be helping a customer, leave to find something for them, come back, and have no idea what the customer I was helping looked like. I'll hold whatever it is I found for them out in front of me like a chauffeur at an airport and hope they notice whatever it is they wanted found and come to me. I don't even look up at people 90% of the time when I'm at the register anymore, unless we actually have some worthwhile banter or I have to explain the stupid rewards program for them.

No comments: