Saturday, April 01, 2006

Today was really good. I don't know if I was in a good mood or what, but I had a lot of laughter. Oh, and do you know one of the awesome things about Optpri? She's one of the few people who doesn't seem to mind that much when I become intent on driving a joke into the ground.

Today she mentioned this dude who saw this book about Payton that looks exactly like a book on Favre, it's the same publisher and stuff, it's probably going to end up being a series of books. Anyway, he got really mad that Payton was ripping off Favre. So she pointed out that Payton's dead, and he can't rip off anyone, and was a player way before Favre anyway, and on top of it, it's the same publisher, they probably approached both Favre and whowever was in charge of the Payton book.

Oh, and on top of that the Payton book even has a foreward by Favre.

But I told her I didn't even care and probably would've been a complete phony and just been like, "yeah, it sucks! I can't believe that stupid Payton!" just to get the customer to shut up. So anyway, it became a running joke about how pissed off I am about Payton ripping off Favre, and I seriously would bring it up whenever possible. I forget how it started, but I also tried to mention Speed II: Cruise Control a lot today, which was less tolerated, but rightly so because it wasn't very funny to begin with.

There was one really cool customer today, actually she's a regular but I keep forgetting to mention this story. Well you know how I meet about a thousand old aquaintances a day now that I work in a big store in my smallish hometown? Well how I met her before is one time I went to a lock in at my friend's Church, and before they locked us in so to speak, we went on a scavenger hunt.

Plus, this was like a weird scavenger hunt. Not only did we collect things, I guess we had to make complete strangers do things. So it was kind of creepy to go door to door and be like, "Can you do ______" for us? And it'd be like, "do a cartwheel" or "list out a bible verse." And kids were always awesome because they're like, "I'd love to do a cartwheel for a stranger!" but adults obviously are creeped out, which I don't blame them for. Anyway, this one lady whose door we ended up at was like the nicest person ever. Not only did she do/give us a ton of the things on our list, she like invited us in for coffee and we had fun talking to her and stuff, and I think my friend actually stayed in contact with her for a short while. So anyway, I don't think I'd recognize her that much seeing as how I only saw her the once, but she has a semi-unusual name, and I remember how we memorized it or whatever so we could send her a thank you note later. So she's come into the store and paid with credit card and has had a few special orders, and I've seen her name because of it and I know for sure that it's that lady. So anyway ever time I see her I want to tell her about it and see if she remembers, but I decided not to because it's fairly weird and stalkery. "Do you remember how 8 years ago I met you once?" And now that we have a regular customer/bookseller relationship, I think it'd be fairly weird to out of nowhere be like, "Do you remember how 8 years ago I met you once?" But anyway, I love that lady and she's so nice to me even aside from that.

I actually have gotten to the point that I'm so used to be treated crappily by customers that I don't even notice it unless they do something REALLY douchebaggy. Like, Jersey has been working on the book side lately, since the cafe's closed, and I had two kind of mean customers in a row, and he was like, "Aww, Phoe... You just had two people in a row treat you like a total jerk, and it made me feel bad. Why do they do that?" And I thought about it and I was like, yeah, those people actually were kind of rude but I didn't even notice. But anyway the point of that is 1) really nice people like that lady, who are not only polite, but actually friendly with me and we have a conversation, I love so much. It's weird but great how much talking to people like that cheers me. 2) Jersey is sweet to notice and feel bad on my behalf, and it almost makes up for when him, Mouse, and I went to a bar and neither guy really lifted a finger to keep molesters away from me.

Optpri, Carmax, Mouse and his fiancee and I went to a chinese buffet after work, which was also awesome. I had strawberries, pineapple, bread and butter, lemon pudding, two dishes of mint ice cream, and a mousse cake thing. But most filling: the laughs. I really miss hanging out with Carmax as much as I'd like, so it was nice. I also love hanging out with Optpri and Mouse whenever possible. Crazy awesomness always ensues with those wacky coworkers of mine.

Oh, also I have a conver from yesterday:

Mulva: *does something or other, I can't remember anymore*
Me: You're weird
Mulva: You're one to talk! Having Phoe call you weird is like the Pope saying you're religious.
Sista: Yeah, it is! *whispers to me* Except it really isn't, because he IS weird.
Me: *laughs very, very hard.*

No comments: