Saturday, April 29, 2006

So Nickel* brought in Kelly Clarkson today for after close. Man, I at least have to admire the cojones it takes for someone to bring Kelly Clarkson into IndieHipsterLand. AND, it was kind of fun to see the anger Kelly Clarkson arouses in Mouse. I thought he might implode or something. My own position on the issue: I don't really like Kelly either, but she's at least better than Nickelback, though probably inherently more mockable. THOUGH regarding the mockability of Nickelback, I wish I still had the MP3 where it's basically two different hit Nickelback songs, one on the right channel, one on the left channel, and it pretty much points out exactly how homogenous Nickelback's music is, because hearing them together like that, you can tell they're both in the same key, the rhyme schemes and rhythms are both exactly the same, the choruses and verses are all exactly the same length, etc. etc.

Nickel also annoyed me lately by getting TII mad at me, because she told him some joke she'd made about him, but that I had made it. This is the second time this has happened to me recently, albeit with two other people. Anyway, it annoys me: take credit for your own hurtful jokes, everyone. And everyone else, don't believe these lies: If the joke doesn't involve poop, I probably didn't come up with it!

But I digress.

Tonight was fairly decent aside from Jersey severely injuring himself. He cut his hand on something and had to leave right away to get stitches. So nothing life threatening, but it still makes me sad for him. He was taking pretty stoicly, tough man from Jersey style, though. I myself would've been milking it for as much sympathy as possible, but we all have our ways of dealing with pain.

I tried the new cafe's herb & cream cheese pretzel (B-, I really miss our old pizza pretzels), Mudpie Cheesecake (C+, some stupid pecans I had to pick out, and I don't really like cheesecake to begin with but I felt like something chocolately today, I did love the caramel & chocolate sauce they drizzle on the plate), and the Mambo tea (A+, partly because it is free for me, though).

I also got my paycheck today, and there was more in it than I expected. Working on easter was worth it, boo-ya!

I bought a crappy fantasy novel, and checked out a crappy fantasy novel. Just the things to follow up an autobiography of a beloved actor from M.A.S.H., eh?

_____
* Nicknamed for her tendencies to bring in horrible music, including Nickelback.

No comments: