Sunday, April 09, 2006

Today sucked.

The last few days have been less than pleasant to begin with. I don't know why, but at work I've been dying to leave the whole time I'm there. And even minor things grate on my nerves...

Like, the Ladysmith Black Mambazo choir was playing on the overhead, and I've always kind of liked them. Not enough to buy anything by them, but a "this is cool once in awhile" kind of like. But it came on today and it drove me nuts. I was jumping out of my skin the whole time it was playing.

I guess I can kind of see why I was so irritable today, I got not that much sleep. For some reason I had this Phish song in my head all night, and it kept me awake. I don't think you can call yourself an insomniac unless you've spent all night with a song in your head going nuts not being able to sleep. Anyway, it was so horrible I'd be tempted to burn the Phish CD had it not been burned for me by a friend. Also I had a headache. Also I don't know why, but I was a little dizzy (I'm better now).

So I kind of felt crappy when I was doing merch, but when I spent my last two hours at register, it got infinitely worse. There was nothing to do back there in between customers, so the time stretched out forever.

Also there was this jerk customer who I wanted to wring his neck. I guess I'm kind of passive agressive with customers I hate, which is bad, but seriously. I asked him if he had our rewards card. And then he says something or other, I can't hear, and so I say "what?" and he is like, "nevermind." So then I ask him if he has the card again, and he says, "what does it cost?" and I'm like, "it's free," because the card is free. Then he's like, "No, what I'm buying." Okay, at this point I finally realize he's a jerk and trying to get through this faster, without answering me on the rewards. But do you know what? He could've stopped this a lot faster by just straight up saying on syllable, "no." Or maybe, even if he wasn't a bastard, two syllables, "no, thanks." So anyway I play dumb and am like, "Oh, I haven't totaled yet. I can't do that until I know whether or not you have a rewards card." Which is true, except obviously I know by now the jerk doesn't have one. Finally, THE KID WITH HIM says no (so at least there's some hope he'll turn out to be an okay person, not a douchebag who is rude to retail workers). I could've been extra mean and been like, "Oh, you don't have the card? Do you want one?" and insisted on explaining the ins and outs in great detail. I was tempted. THEN, when I tried to give him back his change, I go to give him the bills first, and then put the change on top of it. This is what I do to every customer. This is what everyone does to me when I'm a customer somewhere. He MOVES his hand so I can't put it in. Then I move my hand to still give it to him, and I feel like I'm the short kid in a game of keep away. FINALLY, he explains that he wants the coins first, then the bills. Which, why the hell didn't he just say that?

I dunno, maybe that wouldn't have pissed me off as much if I hadn't been in The Mood.

Also there was another winner who wouldn't get off their cell phone. HELLO I AM A HUMAN BEING. Again I'm passive agressive and ask them as many things as possible. And if they grunt at me like an animal because they won't pay enough attention to give me a real answer, I make them repeat it.

So anyway, back to The Mood, I hope it goes away. I kind of feel like I have legit reasons to feel like crap today, but I don't know why I've been feeling this way several days in a row. I'm hoping it goes away.

Positive: I sold 2 bunnies today, which brings me up to 31, yo!

No comments: