Tuesday, April 25, 2006

So I guess I don't care as much about Alan Alda as I thought I did.

I checked out his autobiography and I'm like, "bleh." I have come to the conclusion that it's actually not a bad book (as much as I complain about it to others), but that I just don't feel like reading it when I sit down to do it, but I feel compelled to anyway, since I'm on a time limit. On one hand I really do want to read more of it, but on the other hand reading what I didn't actually like as fast as possible is what burned me out on reading a few months ago in the first place, and I don't want to undo what a month of not reading and then a month of sporadically reading pulpy sf/fantasy did to restore my love of reading.

Tonight I have my Unity dinner (i.e. the dinner I set up at Noodles to try and get people from work to come to). Low turnout again, but at least good people. Double Dizzle keeps saying he's going to have a rival dinner, just to be a jerk. Renegade's been joining him in this.

Me: You wanna go? Bring it on!
Renegade: Don't say that. You don't know what I lines I will cross!
Me: Like what?
Renegade: Like I'll rip out your soul.

Speaking of Double Dizzle, which I was earlier, I have a Zoo Off update. For those unfortunates that don't know, he and I coined the term "Zoo Off" to describe the contest we will one day have to see who is the best at a little game I like to call "Zoo Tycoon" (because that is the actual name of the game, and I like to be accurate). So after we came up with that, we'd just walk past each other and be like, "Zoo Off!"

Then, for some reason or other, Mouse taped this cardboard promotional thing for some CD on Double Dizzle's mailbox one day. So I put a note that says "Zoo Off!" in the tray where the CD's would go in the promotional thing.

Then later, I open a book I brought to work to read on my break, and right on the page I dogeared is a post-it that says, "Zoo off!"

So then I stuck a note that said Zoo Off! in his name tag.

Then he put a note that said zoo off on my time card.

Then I used the label maker to make a note that said zoo off and tape it to his staff mug.

He stuck the label to the bottom of my mug.

So then I ran out of ideas and put it on his nametag. I do not know when the next counter strike will happen.

No comments: